This is citizen-science project meant to help collate all of the information we have for St. John's NL sidewalk usage and pedestrians. All of the data is open, as is the source code. To view the source code visit the repositories on Github. The data comes from a number of places:
- 2016 Canadian Census, as made available via www.censusmapper.ca. If you'd like to see the walking and population density maps, they're available here:
- Percentage of Commuters - Walking Map https://censusmapper.ca/maps/2048#14/47.5743/-52.7278
- Percentage of Commuters - Public Transit Map https://censusmapper.ca/maps/2049#14/47.5743/-52.7278
- Population Density Map https://censusmapper.ca/maps/2081#14/47.5743/-52.7278
- The City of St. John's, NL Snow Clearing Priorities map is a manual porting of the GIS data available here: https://map.stjohns.ca/sidewalk/
This site is open-access, and stores its data in googlespreadsheets. There's no means of protecting your identity, so any data you add will be viewable by others. By using this site, you agree to have the contents published and made available to others using open access means and technologies. Reuse is by design, and will be permitted. All precautions should be taken to anonymize your data - by using an alias or your first name, and by leaving out identifying information such as phone numbers, your home address, email addresses etc.